- This event has passed.
Queens Comes Back!
October 9, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
The borough is open for business!
Queens Economic Development Corporation is celebrating with Queens Comes Back!, a huge party in a unique venue with local vendors selling great food, drinks, and novelty items while artists provide live entertainment.
Kaufman Astoria Studios will host Queens Comes Back! in its Backlot on Saturday, Oct. 9, from noon to 4 pm. Local eateries will sell everything from main dishes to desserts. Beverage purveyors will serve wine, beer, sparkling cocktails, and more.
At some spots, members of Made in Queens, a QEDC program that promotes local manufacturers and crafters, will sell their products, which range from shirts to jewelry to handmade cards and candles. Representatives from Queensboro FC, a professional soccer team that will begin competing in 2022, will be there too with uniforms, soccer balls, and other sports paraphernalia.
It’s not all dining and shopping, though. Four Queensboro Dance Festival member troupes — Gotham Dance Theater, Chieh Hsiung, Manhatitlan Mexican Folkloric Dance Group, and Greek American Folklore Society — will perform throughout the day on a mini outdoor stage.
There’s no admission charge, and attendees will simply bounce from table to table shopping from different vendors. (QEDC will follow government guidelines as to Covid safety and all attendees must present proof of vaccination, such as the Excelsior Pass, NYC Covid SAFE app, or a physical card.)
Our current list of vendors are:
- Althea’s Tropical Delights (Caribbean-inspired cakes)
- Booze Scoops (Liquor-infused frozen treats)
- Culiraw (Raw, vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free desserts)
- Dough (NYC’s best doughnuts)
- Julia’s Kountry Kitchen (Jamaican food)
- La Adelita de Woodside (Mexican cuisine)
- MumsKitchen NYC (West Indian treats)
- NYC Cooking Club
- Paulista Avenue Bakery & Café (Brazilian savory and sweet treats)
- Pudding Pan Desserts (Plant-based desserts)
- Quiaufa’s Kitchen (Vegan soul food)
- Sala Astoria (Spanish cuisine, tapas)
- Superfine Confections (Small-batch, handmade, artisan chocolates, and confections)
- Sweet and Salty Queens (Small-batch online bakery)
- The Soup Lady (Vegan, vegetarian, and chicken soups made from scratch)
- The Nourish Spot (Smoothie & Salad bar)
- Tre Lune Dolci (Italian Gelato)
- Twister Cake Bakery (Romanian sweets)
- Cards N Crafts NYC
- Connection Jewelry and Harmony Connections
- Juliette Isabel Design
- Helium Image Inc. (Balloon decorations)
- My Works of Art LLC
- Paige’s Candle Co.
- Queens Thread (apparel)
- R + D (3D-printed jewelry)
- Rebecca Hervas Paintings
- Sathe (apparel)
- Scent By Heaven (candles and air-fresheners)
- Terrart NYC (terrariums)
The center of its campus, KAS’s Backlot is located in the heart of the Kaufman Arts District in the vicinity of 36th Street and 34th Avenue. The Backlot is a controlled, outdoor venue that is used by the film industry for outdoor scenes. First opening its doors in 1920, KAS has been making entertainment history and continues to support its surrounding community. Along with the Museum of the Moving Image and the Queens Council on the Arts, KAS founded the Kaufman Arts District – Queens’ first cultural district – to advocate for and promote arts in the neighborhood.
Proof of vaccines is required – Excelsior Pass, NYC Covid SAFE app, or a physical card.
As a non-profit, QEDC needs donations in order to keep serving our community. If you would like to make a tax-deductible contribution, please click the button below.