What is the Entrepreneurship Assistance Center?
The Entrepreneurship Assistance Center (EAC) is a one-stop, full-service center serving the New York City area entrepreneurs since 1992 through its rigorous training and project-based coaching. A signature program of the QEDC, our mission is to give entrepreneurs the resources and tools they need to benefit from running their own successful small business. To date, we have assisted over 700 individuals in creating over 100 businesses and 350 jobs, as well as obtaining over $3.8 million in financing and achieving $6.8 million in sales. If you are a new or established entrepreneur looking to have the same impact for your business, read on!
BUSINESS TRAINING COURSE
This fall, the Entrepreneurship Assistance Center (EAC) is offering its comprehensive, 60-hour, hands-on business training course for new and existing business owners! This 10-week intensive is specifically designed to minimize the risk and maximize the potential success of starting or expanding a business.
In this training, you will learn by doing, rather than through lectures. During each class, you will get the opportunity to practice the given framework and entrepreneurial mindset.
By taking this course, you will achieve the following:
- Learn how to talk to potential customers and go through the customer discovery process
- Create a minimal viable product (MVP) and test it on your target market
- Validate your business model that is ready to be scaled
- Start selling your product
- Complete a professional business plan to be used for funding and planning purposes
- Access legal, accounting, technology, and licensing resources provided by our professional network
- Analyze and create financial statements and projections
- Become part of a network of EAC alumni – a support system for business development
- Receive ongoing personalized, one-on-one coaching and consulting as you continue working on your business
- Zoom videconferencing
- Google Drive
- Project management
- Digital marketing
- Data analysis
- Landing page
- Ad management
Class Duration: September 28 – December 9, 2021. Classes are twice a week for three hours a class from 6:00 to 9:00 pm. See the complete list of dates below when available.
Class #1 Tues 9/28
Class # 2 Thurs 9/30
Optional Tues, 10/5
Class # 3 Thurs, 10/7
Class # 4 Tues, 10/12
Class # 5 Thurs, 10/14
Class # 6 Tues, 10/19
Class # 7 Thurs, 10/21
Class # 8 Tues, 10/26
Class # 9 Thurs, 10/28
Class # 10 Tues, 11/2
Class # 11 Thurs, 11/4
Class # 12 Tues, 11/9
Class # 13 Thurs, 11/11
Class # 14 Tues, 11/16
Class # 15 Thurs, 11/18
Class # 16 Tues, 11/23
Class # 17 Tues, 11/30
Class # 18 Thurs, 12/2
Class # 19 Tues, 12/7
Class # 20 Thurs, 12/9
Makeup date: Tues, 12/14
Virtual, conducted via Zoom
Links will be sent right before class starts
Malla Haridat is an entrepreneurship coach/strategist and founder of Mom and Daughters Inc., and a trainer for youth business-builder programs. As the founder and CEO of New Designs for Life, Malla is a nationally recognized expert in the specialized field of entrepreneurship education and has trained over 5,000 students.
She has traveled extensively throughout the United States working in partnership with companies developing creative solutions for entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs. Her company was awarded the 2005 New York City Small Business Award of theYear and has been featured in media like The New York Times, ABC, Fox 5 Good Day Street Talk and Huffington Post.
This is her third year teaching the EAC business training course. You can check her out on https://mallaharidat.com/
Regular price: $399
Special price of $299 if you are:
- Essential Workers (hospital workers, supermarket workers, delivery workers, Uber/Lyft drivers)
- MWBE-certified firms
- Veterans & social welfare( SNAP, NYCHA res, etc) recipients
- SEAP (self-employment assistance program)
- Unemployment insurance recipients with official proof
A $100 reimbursement will be issued to students who attend 80% (16) or more classes and submit a completed business plan by the stated due date.
If you need financial assistance, please contact Bhavna at Bpunjwani@queensny.org.
- Fill out the application. (This should take approximately 25 minutes)
- Wait for someone to schedule a phone interview with you.
- Ace the interview! Don’t worry, this is not something to fret. We want to get to know you a bit better and make sure that we are the right fit for each other.
- Pay the fee. A payment link will be sent to you. Payment must be received by Friday, September 24, 2021. If you cannot make the payment on time, please email Bpunjwani@queensny.org for financing options.
- Read your emails. Make sure you are receiving emails from us because we will be sending information on next steps and logistics.
- Come to class! Make sure you have something to take notes with.
Q. What does “business training” mean?
Please don’t confuse “business training” with a lecture-based course. Although this class is online, we call it “training” because you’ll develop an entrepreneurial mindset and learn how to think on your feet through assignments.
Q. Is this 60-hour class theoretical?
No. It’s applied and highly interactive. You can expect to be pushed out of your comfort zone and do actual assignments such as customer interviews and website building.
Q. What will I learn during class?
Here’s a list of a few skills you’ll obtain.
- Learn how to talk to potential customers and go through the customer-discovery process;
- Create a minimal viable product (MVP) and test it on a target market;
- Validate a business model that’s ready to be scaled;
- Start selling your product;
- Complete a professional business plan to be used for funding and planning purposes;
- Access legal, accounting, technology, and licensing resources provided by QEDC’s professional network; and
- Analyze and create financial statements and projections.
Q. Will the class cover my industry?
Yes, you’ll focus on your industry and business, and as results and goals change, you’ll learn to adapt and pivot. All students will meet with business coaches (online, of course) to assess their situations and tailor plans that work for them.
Q. Does the class focus on any specific industry?
No, but QEDC’s business coaches have resources in a variety of industries to share when you make an appointment.
Q. How much does the class cost?
It’s $399, but there are discounts for essential workers, veterans, M/WBE-certified businesses, and anyone who received social assistance this year. You can view more details on our website or email us at email@example.com.
Q. Is the class online?
Yes, the class is 100 percent online, using Zoom as the primary platform.
Q. Can we view the syllabus?
Yes, you can take a look at the syllabus by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting a copy.
Q. How do we register for the class?
You must fill out an application. It’ll be reviewed and you’ll receive an email to schedule a 20-minute interview. Once accepted into the program, you’ll receive a link to pay and claim your seat accordingly.
Thank you for your interest,
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
Take our business planning and training course, a comprehensive, 60-hour business training course to help you launch your business in 3 months. Sign up today!
Have a free, one-on-one consultation with a business advisor who can help you create a business plan and strategy, discuss marketing, financing, operations, legal issues, and also register your business. Click here to make an appointment.
Get the help you need to navigate and apply for veteran resources offered by NYC and NYS- to start your business. Click here to make an appointment with an advisor or call the office at 718-263-0546 to learn more.
Obtain the financing you need for your business by speaking with one of our advisors who can help you find the resources. Click here to make an appointment.
BUSINESS MENTOR NY
Sign up for our virtual mentorship program to access a wealth of information and build relationships with key experts without leaving your home. Click here to make an appointment with an advisor who can help you create a profile.
Get assistance in submitting the NYS Minority/Women Business Enterprise (M/WBE) application and become certified and eligible for designated contracts with NYS agencies. Click here to learn more.
Movitzsa enrolled in the EAC in 2018 and subsequently won $10,000 in the QEDC Start UP! Business Plan Competition which enabled her to legally set-up her business, launch a website and secure production space. She is currently selling her thirst-quenching and refreshing fruit pops in 17 stores. Learn more!
Adam participated in the EAC business training course in 2016, where he completed 60 hours of business training. Since then, he has participated in MiQ, sold in various pop-up events, hired employees, and has doubled his production and sales year after year Check him out!
Digna was part of the 2018 EAC business plan course=. Since completing the training she has legally set up her business, taught tax related workshops, purchased a tax preparation franchise, and was in business in time to prepare 2018 tax returns. Visit her website!
The EAC is a QEDC Program funded by Empire State Development Corporation
*Please note that class participation is a competitive process and registration will be official once formally invited to the 2020-2021 class and payment has been received by QEDC.