Pharmaceutical services refers to the preparation and dispensing of drugs as well as the counseling of patients in the proper use of these drugs.
In order to establish your Pharmacy, please obtain the following:
- Applicable Business Certificate based on your business’s legal structure
- Employee Identification Number
- Certificate of Authority to collect sales tax
- Certificate of Occupancy (requires a professional engineer or a registered architect)
You may begin operating your pharmacy when you comply with the following requirements:
- Dealer in products for the disabled License (a person or business must have this license if primarily involved in the selling, renting, repairing or adjusting of any instrument or device designed for the disabled) you may apply online or in person at the DCA Licensing Center.
- Bottle Bill Requirements
- Labeling Requirements for Hazardous Substances
- Facility Inventory Form
- Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Registered Pharmacy and Pharmacist License and Registration you may apply in person at the DCA Licensing Center or online by creating a NYC Business Express Account. You will need to complete a Basic License Application, Child Support Certification form and the Granting Authority to Act Affirmation if someone else is applying for you.
Please note that in order to apply for a Registered Pharmacyand a Pharmacist License and Registration you will need to fill out the forms provided in the above links and mail the applications to:
State Board of Pharmacy
89 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12234
- Portable Fire Extinguisher
- Recycling and Waste Removal (private carters)
- Employee Disability Coverage
- Workers’ Compensation or proof of exemption
- Unemployment Insurance
- Application for Approval of Backflow Prevention Devices (must be submitted by a professional engineer or a registered architect to NYC Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)